Saturday, February 26, 2011

Truffled Scrambled Eggs

I can't believe I'm posting a description for how to make scrambled eggs, considering how easy it is to beat an egg, drop it in a pan, and stir it for a few minutes, but after years of watching people turn out the driest, most unappetizing scrambled eggs on the planet, I thought I'd offer my method for cooking soft, fluffy, creamy scrambled eggs.

First things first, beaten eggs and half and half have always been my recipe for success. Two eggs and about three tablespoons of half and half are added to a skillet over medium heat with 2 tbsp. melted butter.

The most important part of making scrambled eggs is to keep the eggs moving. I like to use a spatula to fold the eggs, but the key always seems to be to keep them moving. The eggs will not dry out this way.

Once the eggs have all formed and are no longer runny, but rather soft and fluffy, remove them from the heat and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with 1/2 tsp. of white truffle oil and serve.

Pictured above: scrambled eggs, fresh pineapple, roasted beets, steamed spinach and cherry tomatoes, and a whole wheat English muffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment