Saturday, February 12, 2011

Tilapia Fish Tacos

If you haven't ever tried a fish taco, I shall convert you. I am the Jehovah's fish taco girl. Okay, unless you don't eat fish. Then I suppose I will respect our differences....

This is perhaps why I've never gone into sales.

But honestly, it's easy to make your own fish tacos at home, and if you don't like to pan fry, this recipe could easily convert for the bake-friendly (see? I'm at least trying to sell it to you). I like to sprinkle broccoli slaw mix on my tacos and cover with a nice coating of a simple sour cream and salsa mixture, but regular cabbage slaw and salsa work just the same.

Tilapia Fish Tacos

4 tilapia fillets
Salt and pepper
Cumin
Chili powder
1/2 cup cornmeal
4 tbsp. canola oil
Lime wedges to serve

Directions

1. Coat tilapia fillets with a fine dusting of salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder. Drag fillets through cornmeal and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan or skillet over medium high heat. Add fillets to the pan and cook 4 minutes a side, or until fish flakes easily. Serve fillets in corn tortillas with lime wedges to serve. Sprinkle with broccoli slaw and slather on Cilantro Salsa Cream (recipe below), if desired.


Cilantro Salsa Cream

1/4 cup sour cream (I'm blasphemous...I use fat free)
4 tbsp. salsa of your choice
2 tbsp. chopped cilantro

Directions

1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and serve.



2 comments:

  1. Hilarious sales routine. Just loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks--I don't think I sold any units, but I have to build my skills somehow!

    ReplyDelete