Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Pork Noodle Soup


It dawned on me awhile back that I rarely post the healthful, nutritious meals I serve most days of the week. It also dawned on me that the reason I don't post those recipes is that I rarely write them down. Most of them are so simple to make that I don't really need to follow a recipe, but I figured it was high time I write them down (just in case I ever think, "what was that delicious recipe for pork noodle soup I used to make?"). Without further adieu, here is one of my favorite soups.

Pork Noodle Soup

6 oz leftover pork (tenderloin, roast, pork chops, etc.), cut in small pieces or strips
5 cups low sodium chicken broth or stock
1" piece ginger, peeled and left whole
4 green onions, white and light green parts, sliced on diagonal in 1" pieces
2 tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
4-5 baby carrots, sliced in sticks
6 oz. whole wheat thin spaghetti, broken in half
2 bunches baby bok choy, cut in big pieces
1/2 cup snow peas
1 cup baby spinach, packed

Directions
1. In a 4-5 quart pot, simmer broth or stock, ginger, soy sauce, and green onions for 5 minutes. Add carrots and thin spaghetti to the pot; simmer for 3-4 minutes. Add baby bok choy and snow peas, and simmer 2 minutes more. Add spinach to the pot, stir to combine, and remove from heat.
2. Divide pork between two large soup bowls, and ladle soup over the pork.

No comments:

Post a Comment